CHART A: FAHRENHEIT
CHART A: CELSIUS
- Chart B was developed by Professor Yoram Epstein to be used in Ariel’s Checklist for hikers in Israel.
- Environmental heat stress categories are given in Wet Bulb Globe Temperature values.
- These are minimum rest periods. You may plan for more rest but not less.
- Fluid recommendations are just general guidelines and may vary based on many factors. People should monitor individual fluid needs.
- Warning!! Do not read Chart B in isolation. These guidelines are for healthy, relatively fit hikers. For novice, less fit, un-acclimated, sleep-deprived, or overweight individuals, the tour leader should refer to Moderate Work as Hard Work.